Well, hello there. Thanks for stopping by! This is my blog and since we're just getting to know each other, I feel like there are some things about me that I should just go ahead and put right out there, so you can make your mind up about whether or not you like me enough to come back and check in on me every once in a while. If so, AWESOME, we can have a little fun. If not, I hope you find what you're looking for out there in the interwebs. Here goes;
I love music. So much so that when other people say they love music, I get mad at music for cheating on me. The name of the blog comes from the fact that I feel that all my emotional education came from things I heard on a record. I don't know more about music than your Average Josephine, but I feel it in my bones, find comfort and solace in it and love nothing more than to share it. So i'll be doing a bit of that here.
I lost my father three years ago to cancer. It still burns. I think of him and the relationship that we had and didn't yet get to have and it burns. Ever so often, I'll go into a little depressive funk, so I beg for your patience in advance.
I'm a crybaby. I am also a laughbaby (Yeah, I made it up -- they're just words, they don't control us.)
I'm in love with Washington DC. I've only lived here for five years but it feels like home. I love the good, the bad and the ugly. I love the traffic and the one-way streets and the taxation-without-representation and the metro and Dupont Circle and the food and the diversity. Don't talk shit 'bout ma city and we'll be aiight.
I'm Nigerian. I've never felt like your typical Naija-girl (whatever that is) but I rep my hood regardless. I had the greatest childhood and have the fondest memories of Nigeria but no overwhelming desire to return, to put it nicely. That having been said, don't talk shit about my country and we'll be aiight.
I love my friends, even though this year I have learned the hard way that the only person you can really trust is yourself and I am trying to adjust my expectations of people accordingly. That was a hard one to take but you gotta learn to be jaded sometime, right?
What else? Oh,
I have my wedding fully planned. I am not in a relationship, nor have I really ever been. I am not the girliest of girls who has dreamt of her white wedding since kindergarten. It started out with just a song, then the flower arrangements, then the location, then what my groom would be wearing and who would design my bridesmaids' dresses....and it sort of snowballed. Interestingly enough, I don't know that I'll ever actually get married. Guess it never hurts to be ready though.
Okay, so that's me. In a nutshell. A pistachio nutshell, if you needed me to get specific. Oh, and I really don't like nuts -- that's another thing. That was off-topic. I hope you'll stick around long enough for us to get to know each other. Till we see again, goodnight.
What I'm Listening To Now: I Know You by Heart -- Eva Cassidy
(One of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard, native Washingtonian Eva Cassidy delivers a masterful ballad here that begs to be listened to over and over to fully get its brilliance. Hope you like)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment