I hope you're close to the ones you love. I hope you're warm. I hope you not only get want you want, but you want all you've already got. I hope you have great food and lots of laughter. I hope you have toasted marshmallows (really toasted, not like the marshmallows my sister and I tried to toast over a candle when we were little -- we don't really talk about that anymore). I hope you can look back in joy at Christmases past, but also relish the Christmas you've got today -- learn that things change and people grow and Christmas won't mean the same to you as it did then when you and your siblings were kids and your family gathered around the Christmas tree, bursting with anticipation. But it can still be special if you let it. I hope you can look past all the commercialization and sensationalization and fake cheer and empty "Happy Holidays!" and see that despite it all, you really, really are blessed. I hope your friends and family let you know how much they love and appreciate you. I hope you're happy. Merry Christmas.
What I'm Listening to Now: All I Wamt fpr Christmas -- Mariah Carey
(Just 'cos it's Christmas!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment