This is almost definitely the only time you’ll hear me admit to this because as a woman of the 21st century who done graduated from college twice, pays her own mortgage and doesn’t take a damn thing from nobody, this is totally not kosher. Here’s my startling admission: Shudder. I want to be taken care of. Believe me, I know how this sounds. It’s ridiculous, but it’s true. And I feel that if I can’t admit it to you now, my dear non-judgmental reader, as it is Valentine’s Day, when can i? Please don’t get me wrong – I don’t mean financially, even though a couple dollars here and there certainly wouldn’t hurt one little bit, if you know what I’m saying (wink, wink). I want to be loved the way they do in all those great love songs. Deep breath….
I want someone to hold who knows how to love me without being told. (Natasha Bedingield)
I want to be thought of every morning and dreamt of every night. (Nat King Cole)
I want to be missed. (Natalie Cole)
I want someone who knows how bizarre and nonsensical I am and loves me in spite, or perhaps even because, of it. (That one’s mine)
I want that just-can’t-live-without-each-other love. (Lemar)
I want a man who loves music, a man who loves art, respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart. (India Arie)
I want to come in from the cold. (Marc Broussard)
Won’t you tell him please to put on some speed, follow my lead, oh how I need….someone to watch over me. (Ol’ Blue Eyes)
Happy Valentine’s Day.
What I’m Listening to Now:
“My Love” --- Sara Bareilles. You already know this is ma gurl so you should not be surprised that I am recommending yet ANOTHER one of her songs. In the spirit of the day though, this one is about longing, and longing for her One Sweet Love (which is incidentally the name of another Sara song that I highly recommend). Favorite lyric: “He may be ordinary in the best ways and still dance like a poet through every word he says”. Amen sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment