So it's day two of mummy's visit and no major mishaps yet. In fact, things have gone rather swimmingly thus far.
I couldn't find a ride to get her from the airport, but fortunately my big brother and his sexy-ass friend pulled through :-). Can I digress for a moment to talk about that? You don't care? Ah well, I'll just move on...
She gave her usual criticisms about hair, skin, makeup, nails, clothes, my condo, my empty fridge, but i think i emerged relatively unscathed. I think i mostly agreed with her, actually. Could it be that we have finally reached that point -- that tipping point in the mother-daughter dynamic where i no longer see her as an unreasonable, overbearing, tyrannical lunatic and she no longer sees me as a self-involved, insolent, pig-headed heathen brat??? Could it be that we've reached the point where everything she says is not instantly nullified based solely on the fact that she said it? Could we be growing -- gulp -- to see eye to eye? If you're not a girl and have never been a teenage girl, you can't possibly imagine how scary a thought this is.
Check back in with me on Day 26 when I'm sure order would have been restored to the universe.
What I'm Listening to Now: The Weepies -- "The World Spins Madly On". That it does. Enjoy.
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment